[OpenAFS] AFS outage, impact of "moving" root.cell.readonly, root.afs.readonly

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Thu, 10 May 2007 11:10:17 -0500

Kim Kimball <dhk@ccre.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in answering this.  Went out of town for a while.
>
> Four file servers, all with root.cell.readonly/root.afs.readonly
> instances.
>
> Used "vos remove" to remove one instance of each from one file server.

And you did NOT use vos remsite on the replication point first?  I
suspect that would be a problem.

I always vos remsite before vos remove / vos zap the old RO replica.  If
you don't, I suspect that the vldb might still reference those servers
as having RO replicas, even though you removed them with vos remove.

Perhaps someone else has the definative guide on removing RO replicas
from servers and then removing the .readonly volume.

<<CDC