[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] AFS Newbie Question

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 11 May 2007 15:35:11 -0700

King, Richard (CE1 UNIX Admin) <rking@hp.com> writes:

> OpenAFS Version: 1.4.4 (Latest Stable Release)
> Operating System: SuSE 10.1 (i386)

> Hello All!

> I am fairly new to compiling openafs from source, and I have a question
> on how to install an AFS module during the compile process. I looked in
> the README/INSTALL files to see if there was any mention on how to
> enable kernel module, but I didn't see anything.

That's because it just builds the kernel module unless you tell it not
to.  The problem is that:

> What option should I use to create the libafs-2.6.16.13-4-smp.mp.ko
> during the compiling process?

> In a nutshell, this is my process:

> 1) ./configure --with-afs-sysname=i386_linux26
> --with-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux --disable-kernel-module

You told it not to.  Leave that flag off of configure and then it will
build the kernel module.