FW: [OpenAFS] Turning interfaces off

Andrew Deason zeroguy@verizon.net
Sun, 20 May 2007 21:22:52 -0400

On Sun, 20 May 2007 16:22:10 -0700
ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:

> afs seems to have renamed the primary R/W server after the external
> iP address c-24-10-22-222.hsd1.mn.comcast.net from its hostname
> address of 10.1.1.194 and won't release teh volumes.... This was
> working for a long time, what's changed?

My guess is that you need to regenerate the server's sysid file, since
the IP addresses it uses changed. Stop the file server, remove
the /usr/afs/local/sysid file (if you're using transarc paths, which it
looks like you are), and start the fileserver again. That should
guarantee that the sysid is regenerated.

And anyway, AFS defines servers by their UUIDs, I believe, rather than
by any single IP. To see what they are for all of your servers, you can
`vos listaddrs -printuuid'. So, that may be helpful to see what IPs AFS
thinks that server has.

--
Andrew Deason
zeroguy@verizon.net