FW: [OpenAFS] Turning interfaces off

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Mon, 21 May 2007 08:17:02 -0700

Physically disconnected the exterior lan cable, did a vos changeaddress to
10.1.1.194 then had to manually vos remsite 4 each sites per volume with
address 10.1.1.194 for each volume, did a vos release and all is working
without external lan.

Looks like the multiple replication sites on each volume pointing to the
same server prevented the vos release.

Now, how to set this up correctly again with whatever afs now wants...

If the firewall sets up eth1:FWB1 afs now listens there too.

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Andrew Deason
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 6:23 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: FW: [OpenAFS] Turning interfaces off

On Sun, 20 May 2007 16:22:10 -0700
ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:

> afs seems to have renamed the primary R/W server after the external
> iP address c-24-10-22-222.hsd1.mn.comcast.net from its hostname
> address of 10.1.1.194 and won't release teh volumes.... This was
> working for a long time, what's changed?

My guess is that you need to regenerate the server's sysid file, since
the IP addresses it uses changed. Stop the file server, remove
the /usr/afs/local/sysid file (if you're using transarc paths, which it
looks like you are), and start the fileserver again. That should
guarantee that the sysid is regenerated.

And anyway, AFS defines servers by their UUIDs, I believe, rather than
by any single IP. To see what they are for all of your servers, you can
`vos listaddrs -printuuid'. So, that may be helpful to see what IPs AFS
thinks that server has.

--
Andrew Deason
zeroguy@verizon.net