[OpenAFS] mac install instructions

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:20:54 -0700

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 12:25:58PM -0400, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On 11/1/07, David Bear <David.Bear@asu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > It's been 3+ years since I installed openafs on a mac. The experience
> > then was less the possitive. I'm hoping to find an installation
> > readme somewhere to go over. I am not finding anything like that on
> > openafs.org. do I have to download the openafs for mac before I get
> > the readme?
>

> um. double-click the installer package in the dmg, optionally edit
> /var/db/openafs/etc/ThisCell, reboot, done?

thanks. I was worried about other issues like 'integrated logon', ie.
will the user need to klog from a term, or is there some kind of pam
integration for afs -- or do I need to intall MIT kerb for mac ...
etc.

Also, last time we use openafs on a mac, finder would hang on occasion
when accessing afs volumes so I assumed I had done something wrong on
the install.

last, since everyone has their own idea about where to put things, I
was curious if there was something like transarc-paths or mac-paths or
whatever .. I will just assume that need to look in
/var/db/openafs/etc/ for configuration items -- also that openafs
client with auto-start (when I install openafs on suse it does not
auto-generate the start links in /etc/init.d/rcN.d ( or since mac is
bsd would it be /usr/local/etc/rc?? )

--
David Bear
phone: 	602-496-0424