[OpenAFS] openafs-1.4.5 install

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:16:55 +0000

On 11 Nov 2007, at 10:03, Ron Croonenberg wrote:

> On a client machine I used to install:
>
> - OpenAFS
> - kernel module
> - client.
>
> So the order changed ?  and I should install,
>  OpenAFS, client, kernel mod in this order ?

You should install them all in a single RPM transaction. The argument
here is that openafs-client isn't usable without the kernel module,
and the kernel module isn't usable without openafs-client. So, the
dependencies won't let you get into a situation where you have one
installed, but not the other.

rpm -i openafs-1.4.5* openafs-client-1.4.5* kmod-openafs-1.4.5-
your.kernel.version-*

If you use 'yum', just install the appropriate openafs-repository
RPM, and "yum install openafs-client" will take care of all of these
dependencies.

Simon.