[OpenAFS] trouble running programs out of AFS after imaging

Dean Knape knape@njit.edu
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:09:52 -0500

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> Dean Knape <knape@njit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>>
>>> What application?
>>>
>>> Could you copy the application in question to local disk?  (E.g. did
>>> you actually have read access to it?)
>>>
>> For testing and example, I've installed perl and and SSH client in
>> AFS.
>> Start -> Run -> \\afs\uis\platform\local\platform\Perl\bin\perl.exe
>>                -V or \\afs\uis\platform\local\@sys\SSH Secure
>> Shell\SshClient.exe
>> Both fail with error described above.
>>
>> Logs and detailed description sent to openafs-bugs.
>>

> What are the ACLs on the files?
>
> F:\>fs la \\AFS\acm.uiuc.edu\system\sys\local\util\network\SSH.com\
> Access list for
> \\AFS\acm.uiuc.edu\system\sys\local\util\network\SSH.com\ is
> Normal rights:
>   winadmin rlidwk
>   acm.admin rlidwka
>   acm.users rlk
>   system:administrators rlidwka
>   system:anyuser rlk
>
> F:\>fs -version
> OpenAFS1.5.2607
>
> I can run
> \\AFS\acm.uiuc.edu\system\sys\local\util\network\SSH.com\SshClient.exe
> just fine.
>
> \\AFS\acm.uiuc.edu\system\sys\local\util\Perl\bin\perl.exe -V seems to
> work from start -> run as well.
>
> Try using the above paths yourself.
>
> <<CDC

Z:\platform\local\platform\SSH Secure Shell>fs la
Access list for . is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  system:anyuser rl

Z:\platform\local\platform\SSH Secure Shell>fs -version
OpenAFS1.5.2700

I'm getting same behaviour using your SSH client - wont run from
explorer but will from command prompt.

-dean