[OpenAFS] trouble running programs out of AFS after imaging

Dean Knape knape@njit.edu
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:29:04 -0500

<head>
</head>
Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Dean Knape <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:knape@njit.edu">&lt;knape@njit.edu&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Jeffrey Altman wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Something to note.  You are attempting to run a 32-bit exe from
64-bit Server 2003.  I wonder if that is a variable.

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I was thinking same but everything runs fine on my base image.  It's
only after a sysprep that
things fall apart.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Hmm...  Did you completely DELETE the %TEMP%\AFSCache file before
cloning the system?  This is specifically mentioned in the release notes
and weird things happen if you have multiple systems based off of the
same image.  The AFS uuid is stored in the cache file and multiple
machines can look like the same client if these are not unique.
  </pre>
No and yes.&nbsp; According to section 3.38 of release notes, if SID is
regenerated by sysprep then<br>
there is no need to delete the file.&nbsp; However, I did eventually delete
the cache file as I was <br>
troubleshooting.<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">According to your reproduction steps, you need to sysprep the vmware
image.  Is that really a requirement for reproduction?
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">This avoids the duplicate SID and AFS UUID problem.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Sysprep by itself does not take care of duplicate UUIDs.  You need to
delete the AFSCache file.

Or run fs uuid -generate

&lt;&lt;CDC

  </pre>