[OpenAFS] trouble running programs out of AFS after imaging

Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:19:14 -0500

Dean Knape wrote:

> For me to test the acm.uiuc.edu path I set  fs sysname i386_nt40.
> -dean

I rewrote the path as:

\\AFS\acm.uiuc.edu\system\i386_nt40\local\util\Perl\bin\perl.exe -V

and it works just fine from my 64-bit XP and 64-bit 2003 Server system.

Obviously some part of your procedure is altering the behavior of the
Explorer shell.  I do not believe that this is a bug in OpenAFS as it
works with 64-bit 2003 Server prior to performing the cloning.

I think you need to compare the systems before and after the sysprep and
determine what has been changed.

Jeffrey Altman