[OpenAFS] 1.2.X and 1.4.5 Interoperation

Kevin Scott Sumner ksumner@physics.unc.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:37:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

We're planning on upgrading our critical AFS servers, and I wanted to check
and see if there are any interoperability problems.  We plan on doing a
rolling migration, swapping out one server at a time.

Our current setup:
(3) Sun Netra T1s running Solaris 9 (SPARC).  They have OpenAFS 1.2.X
(1.2.13?), and run vlserver, ptserver, buserver, and runntp.

We are moving to:
(3) Dell PowerEdge 860s running Debian 4 (i386).  They will have OpenAFS
1.4.5, and run all the same services (with the possible exception of
runntp).

Is there ANYTHING that could POSSIBLY break when we have a mixture of these
1.2 and 1.4 servers running together?  Version issues, OS issues, Endian
issues, etc.

Thanks!
Kevin
-----
Kevin Sumner
ksumner@physics.unc.edu
(919) 962-6494
Assistant Systems Administrator
Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure and Computing