[OpenAFS] Kerberos5 and afs

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:48:35 -0500

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Steve Devine <sdevine@msu.edu> writes:
>

>> Does the order of the enctypes listed in the kdc affect this?
>>

> In my experience, the enctype list should match exactly.  It doesn't
> matter what order you list the enctypes in; if you have enctypes on the
> krbtgt key that aren't present in Windows, you may lose.  So, in this
> case:
>

>> This is my current kdc.conf entry:
>> supported_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1:normal des-cbc-crc:normal
>> des-cbc-crc:v4 des-cbc-crc:afs3
>>

> you need to explicitly specify -e des-cbc-crc:normal when creating the
> krbtgt cross-realm keys.  Otherwise you'll get a des3 key in your KDC and
> since Windows doesn't support des3, you'll lose.

Ok that was it .. thanks to all. I hate to say how much time I spent on
this.
I am going to continue testing on this and I may post my results when I
have something more coherent.
Thanks again.
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra