[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-1.4.5-Leopard on G5 PPC - no afs volume in Finder

Richard Kellogg richard_kellogg@mac.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:09:59 +0100

I have installed OpenAFS-1.4.5-Leopard on an intel machine and a G5
PPC.  No problems on intel, but on the G5 I get the following error
message on afs startup:

Nov 15 09:15:08 maccmskel1 com.apple.SystemStarter[58]: /Library/
StartupItems/OpenAFS/OpenAFS: line 117: /var/db/openafs/etc/config/
afssettings: Bad CPU type in executable

line 117 is 	$CONFIG/afssettings

Despite this error, /afs is mounted at root level, and I have no
problem with afs access from the terminal.  Even "open afs_file" from
the command line manages to open the file in the appropriate
application.

The problem is that the afs volume is not visible in the Finder.

Have others had better experience with OpenAFS-1.4.5-Leopard on a PPC
machine?  Is there a work-around to make /afs visible in the Finder?
Is there a fix for what appears to be the non-universal afssettings?

    Yours,   Richard Kellogg