[OpenAFS] Re: issue with Fedora 8 and retaining tokens after graphical login

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:49:16 -0500

On Nov 27, 2007 1:44 AM, Christof Hanke <hanke@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:
> Derrick Brashear wrote:
> >
> >> But let's make everybody happy: How about an rpmbuild time switch to
> >> allow anyone to rebuild with their favourite path style. I would still
> >> want to see FHS being the default, but transarc style is just a
> >> one-line change in the rpmbuild specfile.
> >
> > Likewise, the people who are using Transarc style would want that to
> > be default :)
> >
> That's why on the SUSE build-service, there are two package-families :
> "openafs" is FHS (hopefully, mostly, fully ? I haven't checked that.)
> "openafs-transarc" uses the transarc-pathes.
> rpms from one of those family conflicts with those of the other one.

If we could modify our specfile to allow this from one specfile, I'd ship it.
Likewise, we could generate both kinds of rpms from one (set of)
kernel modules, which is 99% of the time we spend on builds.