[OpenAFS] AFS Fileserver Won't Start --> Can't Release root.cell or root.afs

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 08:16:42 -0500

Kim Kimball <dhk@ccre.com> wrote:
> You might also try
> readonly instance
> vos backup <volumename>
> <volumename> -overwrite full
>
> Use the same volume name for each instance of <volumename>
>
> This will give you a new volumeID for <volumename> which will be
> reflected in the VLDB. Then "vos addsite" to replace the RO sites.
> Then "vos release"

I was going to suggest that, but I figured it may not actually clear up
the problem and could potentially just waste a lot of time.

How does one know that the 127.* IPs really are gone?

-----

When specifing server names, DO NOT use "localhost" or "127.0.0.1."  Use
the FQDNs of your servers.

-----

Hmm... would vos delent for each volume, then the vos
changeaddr -remove, and then a vos syncvldb do the same thing and not
take as much time for the dump / restores?

<<CDC