[OpenAFS] openAFS 1.4.4 - ticket contained unknown key version number

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:38:24 -0500

Hamish <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 18:09, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>> Hamish <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:

>>> Whoops... Telling lies... My token was old... I unlog'ed, kdestroyed
>>> and tried again (On machine 2)... kinit works no problems, but aklog
>>> is hanging after
>>>
>>> 'About to revolve name admin to is in cell xxx.xx.x.com'
>>
>> Check your AFS server log files for any errors.  I suspect something
>> isn't running correctly.  Or, you did not add a PTS account for the
>> user you are trying to obtain tokens for.
>
> Spelling mistake in my CellServDB file... Damnit I hate that... I
> also just discovered that aklog won't work unless I've started the
> AFS client... Didn't realise that was mandatory... The user was
> admin... e.g.

Oh, yeah, need to have AFS client running in order for the store tokens
ioctl to work.

> Now it works (getting the tokens), but I'm still not authorised for
> doing restarts of the second server, vos create etc... Nothing logged
> as to why.

Are you in that server's UserList?

bos listusers to check.

>> If you'd like more interactive help, please join the #openafs
>> channel on the Freenode IRC network.
>
> Hmm... Wonder if I can get there from here (At a client site,

A client?  As in someone is paying you to ask me AFS questions on a
mailing list?

> firewall might kill me. I may have to work on it over the weekend
> from home where I can get to things like IRC).

<<CDC