[OpenAFS] openAFS 1.4.4 - ticket contained unknown key version number

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:00:55 -0500

Hamish <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:
> yeah, can't get on at the moment...
>
> QUick question... When I kinit as admin & give my passwd, I get in
> klist the default principal 'admin', but the two service principals
> are krbtgt/... and afs/cellname@REALM.

Those are Kerberos TICKETS.

> When I aklog & display the tokens, the tokens are AFS ID 1 tokens for
> afs@cell.

That is an AFS TOKEN.

> is that right? Or should I get tokens for admin? (Sorry... I've been
> running AFS on kaserver for a few years with openafs & transarc (very
> old), and only now trying to run up a new cell on krb5... And it's
> not going well :)

The tokens are for admin.  I bet if you run pts mem 1 you'll get back
"admin" as the user.  The afs@cell part just informs you that you have
tokens in "cell" and the AFS ID tells you which user these tokens are
for.

<<CDC