[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.4.5 release available

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:10:18 +0300

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> The OpenAFS Gatekeepers announce the availability of OpenAFS version
> 1.4.5.  Source files and available binaries can be accessed via the web at:
>
>       http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.5/
>
> or via AFS at:
>
>       /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/1.4.5/
>       \\afs\grand.central.org\software\openafs\1.4.5\

Good stuff.

I just want to announce that
SuSE rpms can be found on the buildservice:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/filesystems/<distribution>/<arch>/

, where
distributions are :
SUSE_Linux_10.0, SUSE_Linux_10.1, openSUSE_10.2, openSUSE_10.3, SLES_9
and SLE_10

architectures are
i586 and x86_64.

you might also use : http://software.opensuse.org/search

It is possible to integrate the buildservice-repository also in the
package-manager of your choice. Check out the tutorial.

There are two versions:
"openafs", in which the paths integrates in the OS-tree and
"openafs-transarc", which uses transarc-paths.

Unfortunately, I have not packaged any binary kernel-modules, except
some old standard ones.
Thus, use km_afs to compile the kernel module for your present kernel.

If you stumble across anything awry, just shout at me.

I guess future versions of openafs can be found there as well.

T/Christof Hanke

PS:  A note to packagers of other distributions:  It is indeed possible
to use this buildservice to package fedora, ubuntu, debian, mandriva
and some other distributions. Thus, if your short on hardware you might
give it a try.
The only thing I haven't figured out is how to build rpms depending on
rpm of different versions (that's why there are no binary kernel module
packages).