[OpenAFS] Solaris 10 ipfilter vs. AFS

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:45:47 -0400

Here's a fragment of what I use on my AFS servers.

You really don't want to state-track your AFS stuff.  You really
don't want ipfilter to have to keep track of all of that -- if your
cell is reasonably busy, those internal tables will get rather big.
I just pass in/out the frags -- you could probably refine that to
just allow the AFS stuff if you're so inclined.

---

# stupid
pass in all with frag
pass out all with frag
# cache manager callback for the local client,
pass in quick proto udp from any to any port = 7001
# don't bother doing session tracking for AFS-stuff
pass out quick proto udp from any port = 7001 to any

# AFS fileserver stuff
pass in quick proto udp from any to any port = 7000
pass out quick proto udp from any port = 7000 to any

# nobody from outside should be looking at our volserver
pass in quick proto udp from 130.85.0.0/255.255.0.0 to any port = 7005
pass out quick proto udp from any port = 7005 to any

# nobody from outside should be looking at our bosservers
pass in quick proto udp from 130.85.0.0/255.255.0.0 to any port = 7007
pass out quick proto udp from any port = 7007 to any

# in/out udp to the db servers w/o state checking
pass out quick from any to 130.85.24.101
pass in quick from 130.85.24.101 to any
pass out quick from any to 130.85.24.23
pass in quick from 130.85.24.23 to any
pass out quick from any to 130.85.24.87
pass in quick from 130.85.24.87 to any

# can talk tcp/udp to anything else with state
pass out proto udp from any port != 7001 to any keep state

# stateless tcp
pass out quick proto tcp from any to any
pass in quick proto tcp from any to any flags A/A
pass in quick proto tcp from any to any flags R/R