[OpenAFS] Disconnected OpenAFS

shivers@ccs.neu.edu shivers@ccs.neu.edu
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:52:20 -0400 (EDT)

I am someone who would *love* to have an AFS with support for coda-like
disconnected operation, so that I could use AFS to provide transparent
access to my data from my notebook & office computer. (Coda won't do; even
in 2007, it is unusably flaky.)

A while back, I saw on the Open AFS web page a comment that disconnected AFS
would be available third or fourth quarter 2007. So I thought I'd ping this
list, it now being September, to see what the likelihood of this was. Does
anyone know the status of disconnected AFS? Is it happening?
    -Olin