[OpenAFS] AES Support ?

Todd M. Lewis Todd M. Lewis" <utoddl@email.unc.edu
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:22:17 -0400

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> John Hascall wrote:
>>    Which, coming back full circle, is why we seem to be stuck with
>>    the icky extra-protocol hack of using afs-k5 vs afs.
>
> This is a pointless discussion.  We aren't going to break existing
> deployments of AFS.

I found the discussion informative, in that it explains how certain design
decisions move us forward while maintaining the edict you so succinctly
state. The reasoning isn't always obvious to those of us who aren't deeply
involved in the process, but such discussions tend to boost confidence in
the OpenAFS project overall -- not insignificant considering some of us
have bet the enterprise on OpenAFS. I appreciate the thoughtful
contributions of the participants.
  / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu  919-445-9302  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /