[OpenAFS] Help needed for receovery of data of inode fileserver (Solaris 10 x86)

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:36:28 -0400

>  There are several issues that are worth pursuing here.  Especially because
> whatever the problem is has begun occurring on multiple machines:
>
>  1. what is the actual damage that has taken place?
>
>  2. can the damage be correct?
>
>  3. can the damage be avoided in the first place?  What is the cause?

If it's a reproducible problem, it should be easy to change the volume
package to assert when writing a "wrong" type vnode for a class to its
index. But I think there's more to it than that.