[OpenAFS] Speed difference between OpenAFS 1.4.x on Debian and CentOS

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:59:45 +0200

Micha=B3 Dro=BCdziewicz wrote:
> Derrick Brashear pisze:
>=20
>> Not what I expected. When you self-compiled 1.4.6 on Debian, I assume
>> you downloaded a tarfile from OpenAFS and did ./configure; make, yes?
>> What options, if any, to configure?
>=20
> I've build a debian package using default debian options (1.4.6) and=20
> I've compiled from source with no options for ./configure except from=20
> --prefix
> In both cases the result was the same - slow speed around 8-12MiB=20
> (copying from local disk to AFS structure)
>=20
>=20

Are you sure your network interface is used in GBit/s mode with Debian=20
and not just 100MBit-mode?

This could easily explain the low throughput.

Hartmut
Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)