[OpenAFS] AFS kerberos

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:25:39 -0400

Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Steven Jenkins wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Ron Croonenberg <ronc@depauw.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>>  Is there a gui tool (for Fedora 6) to manage AFS accounts, kerberos
>>> accounts ?  Is there something to easily create accounts with in bulk ?
>>>  (I used USS for AFS with KAS)
>>>

>> For AFS accounts (i.e., pts), pts has a -source argument that lets you
>> provide a file of commands that can be fed in.  I do not know of an
>> equivalent on the Kerberos side (it might help if you specified the
>> KDC you are using: MIT, Heimdal, Microsoft, etc).
>>
>> Steven
>>
> You can use "uss" with the "-skipauth" option to create everything
> except the kerberos account. "-skipauth" skips the kas part.
>
> Jason

Cool, that's a start, that way I can just use the 'USS bulk' mechanism
and jack hammer some script into it to do the kerberos accounts.

Thanks, that option helps me out for now.

Ron

  http://www.csc.depauw.edu/~ronc/Ron.Croonenberg.shtml
  Ron Croonenberg                   |
                                    | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
  Lab Instructor &                  | Fax:   1 765 658 4732
          Technology Coordinator    |

  Department of Computer Science    | e-mail: ronc@DePauw.edu
  DePauw University                 |
  275 Julian Science & Math Center  |