[OpenAFS] zfs File system

Robert Banz rob@nofocus.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:32:33 -0700

On Apr 21, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> "Prasun Gupta" <pgupta@ringling.edu> writes:
>
>> On solaris the recommended filesystem of use for building afs
>> filesystem
>> is ufs without logging turned on.
>
> Where is this?  We should update it.  That's the recommendation for a
> *cache* file system, but not for the server.

Well, the issue was if you're using it on a server, and using what a
lot of people still consider the default (the inode fileserver),
apocalyptic dataloss may occur.

I would say that in addition to recommending people use logging with
ufs (or better, zfs!), that we should also push for deprecation of the
inode fileserver ;)

-rob