[OpenAFS] help

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:45:41 -0400

Wang Zedong wrote:
>    I got some trouble in using the afs file system . I hope you can help
> me.My task is to write a "health check"scrips to ensure my cilent is
> connetting  with the afs servers and work well.
>  so I have to moniter the following processes.But it is hard to find the
> cause why they do not work  well.the logfiles in afs are simple and do not
> tell some reasons.
>  could you tell me the characteristic or Arguments when they work normally
> ,or the Arguments when they got wrong ?   thank you !

If you want to check on the health of AFS, you would be better served by
running some key debugging commands and checking the output.

to check that a client is working, do the following:
rxdebug -version -port 7001 hostname.example.com

To check that a fileserver is responding, run:
rxdebug -version server.example.com

you can also use the "bos status" command to see if the various AFS
processes are running.

In addition, these might be helpful:
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/afs-monitor/

Jason