[OpenAFS] replicas and mount points

Vladimir Konrad v.konrad@lse.ac.uk
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:55:52 +0100

Hello,

When I was creating mount points in our cell, I did not ask specifically for -rw (read/write)
mount point.

Not understanding (at the beginning) how the afs client works (preference for read only volumes), after
adding replicas and releasing the volumes, the clients could not write any-more.

Is there a way (other than re-doing the mount points with -rw) to make client prefer the read/write
volumes (when replicas exist)?

Also, is it true, that if I specify -rw to fs mkmount, this will "stick" (not change) and the mount
point will remain read/write even when replication sites for the volume exist?

Kind regards,

Vlad