[OpenAFS] Win2K AFS server, mirror data+config to RHEL4.5 new Server?

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:03:50 +0200

* Jason Edgecombe [2008-08-19 08:48:18 -0400]:
> avison48 wrote:
> > Is it possible to setup a secondary AFS server 'peer' or 'mirror'??
> > Does anyone know or can point to any info?
> > There is doc on how to build a secondary database server, but will that
> > have 'everything' to take over so the first server can be shut down?

> These instructions might help
> http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg006.htm#HDRWQ99
>
> You should add the SL4.5 box as an additional server. Install openafs,
> copy the keyfile over and start the daemons. Then you can move the
> volumes to the new server.

There may be a catch in his case, though: the ubik bug that came to
light in January 2004 (2^30 seconds after the UNIX epoch). What will
happen if his existing dbserver hasn't been patched?