[OpenAFS] Read-only ccache

brinegar@physics.unc.edu brinegar@physics.unc.edu
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:03:13 -0400

I have a problem using kinit after a set of machines were offline for a
month and a half (they were last in use on July 2).  Nine of the
machines are used as Remote Desktop clients and the tenth machine polls
the status of the other nine.  While I am only seeing the problem with
the tenth machine "director," the script on the machines use the
following to get tickets and tokens:

$ kinit -k -t <keytab> <user@DOMAIN>
$ aklog

On director, this fails.  kinit <username>, after prompting for
password, returns "kinit(v5): Ccache function not supported: read-only
ccache type while storing credentials"  I tested director's setup on a
virtual machine and it shows the same symptoms.

Director is running XP SP3, OpenAFS v1.5.3500, and Kerberos for Windows
3.2.2.

If anyone can give me a direction to look, I'd appreciate it.  I can
still get tickets/tokens through NetIDMgr.

Thanks,
Justin Brinegar