[OpenAFS] Version of du that doesn't traverse AFS mount points?

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:18:22 -0400

In message <F17752FC8F21B8428FF70A2DA2B2E24606990704BB@MERCMBX11.na.sas.com>,Mike Shaddock writes:
>I'm looking for a version of du where the -x option (skip directories on different file systems) doesn't traverse an AFS mount poi
>nt.  Haven't been able to find anything via searching, so I thought I'd ask here.

i have an interesting idea.  on linux this would be pretty easy.
after generic_fill_attr() we could encode the volumeid in the i_dev
field instead of the s_dev field from the superblock.  this should make
this work.  i cant think of anything it would break.