[OpenAFS] Changing the hostname of AFS server

dave first linux4dave@gmail.com
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 13:39:26 -0800

Jaime - Excellent information.  Thank you.  I've been living in a
vacuum wrt AFS, and it's nice to have a dialog about the capabilities
and possibilities.  I've already moved a test volume successfully, but
that was a on a test system.  Now I need to understand physical
volumes as they relate to an AFS volume.

On my test machine, I had only one huge filesystem (partition).  I
created /vicepa  and /vicepb as directories.  Unfortunately, when I
attempted to create the AFS volume, it rejected those directories
since they were actually not mounted filesystems.  To workaround it, I
actually created a big file and used losetup to create a pseudo
filesystem which could be mounted for testing.  It worked, but it was
only test and not for production.

Bottom line seems to be that /vicepXX must be mounted filesystems and
not just directories created under the root.

Correct?

deb