[OpenAFS] Add new device to the cell

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:52:41 +0100

Jesus arteche wrote:
> hey,
>=20
> Someone knows how can i add a new device to the same volumme?, i mean..=
=2E=20
> I had /afs/mycell/my_directory...created and mounted in /vicepa...and I=
=20
> added a hd in /vicepb...and I want to mount IN=20
> /afs/mycell/my_directory...so if my 1=BA hd was 90GB and my 2=BA hd is =

> 90GB...the result would be /afs/mycell/my_directory 180Gb....
>=20
> thanks
You can't. You can create a new volume in the new partition and mount=20
that volume inside your other one. Typically the data in a cell consist=20
of thousands of volumes mounted as a tree.

Hartmut
Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)