[OpenAFS] Solaris 10u6: ZFS cache?

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:17:35 -0600

Vincent Fox wrote:
> Good point, I decided to start clean as you suggest.
>
> I untarred openafs-1.4.8 & applied Solaris-vnode-path-3.txt
> as downloaded from ticket 123677 and when I patch:
>
> bash-3.00# pwd             /local/d01/src/openafs-1.4.8
> bash-3.00# ls
> acinclude.m4              INSTALL                   README-NT
> aclocal.m4                install-sh                README-WIN9X
> BUILD                     libafsdep                 README.CVS
> config.guess              Makefile-libafs.in        README.DEVEL
> config.sub                Makefile.in               README.OBSOLETE
> configure                 missing                   README.SECURITY
> configure-libafs          mkinstalldirs             regen.sh
> configure-libafs.in       NEWS
> Solaris-vnode-path-3.txt
> configure.in              README                    src
> bash-3.00# patch -p0 -l < Solaris-vnode-path-3.txt
>  Looks like a unified context diff.
> Hunk #2 failed at line 304.
> Hunk #3 failed at line 39.
> Hunk #4 failed at line 34.
> Hunk #5 failed at line 35.
> Hunk #6 failed at line 38.
> 5 out of 6 hunks failed: saving rejects to ./src/afs/SOLARIS/osi_file.c.rej

It looks like you are using the Solaris /usr/bin/patch
I get the above results trying it. It looks like it can't handle the patch.
It looks like it it trying to apply the patches for the param files
to the osi_file.c

The patch was created with GNU patch-2.5.4 compiled from source
and in our /usr/afsws/local/bin and has no problems.

It is simple enough you could apply by hand.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory