[OpenAFS] kmod-openafs versioning on RHEL5

Darren Patterson darren.patterson@stanford.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:49:48 -0800

After building new kmod packages for the latest RHEL5 kernel I
discovered that rpm is very unhappy with the naming convention.  Yum
refuses to install the package claiming that
kmod-openafs-1.4.5-2.2.6.18_53.1.4.el5 is newer than
kmod-openafs-1.4.5-1.2.6.18_53.1.13.el5.  To install this package I have
to use rpm with "--force".

Red Hat updates their kernels in the above fashion regularly so I
anticipate this problem will continue to crop up in the not too distant
future.

Before I create my own SRPM to work around this issue, are there plans
to deal with this?

Thanks for your time,

-darren