[OpenAFS] Backup of VMWare VMs out of ESX server direct into OpenAFS space?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:33:30 -0500

Lars Schimmer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We've got a new VMWare ESX 3.5 server. Now I try to set it up correct
> and think about backup the VMs of that server.
> Has anyone done a backup form VMs of ESX Server 3.5 direct into OpenAFS
> space?
> Either direct on ESX server or via Backup server from VMWare?
>

> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer
I've copied my VMware server (GSX) stuff into AFS. If the VM's are just
files, then you're fine. If your VM's are using a shared SAN device,
then you'll have to somehow dump to a file in AFS.

Jason