[OpenAFS] Find(1) behavior

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:29:53 +0100 (CET)

> find does not seems to cross AFS mountpoint boundaries.

I suppose you mean GNU find.

       -noleaf
              Do not optimize by assuming that  directories  contain  2  fewer
              subdirectories  than  their  hard  link  count.   This option is
              needed when searching filesystems that do not  follow  the  Unix
              directory-link  convention, such as CD-ROM or MS-DOS filesystems
              or AFS volume mount points. (...)
                -----

I'd rather have the default the other way around or that find only
uses this speedup trick when it knows that it is safe to do so, but as
this behaviour is documented, I suppose the creators of GNU find have
decided "Unix convention or die".

Harald.