[OpenAFS] Re: AFS performance problems: Where's current (IBM's is 2000) HowTo Install +Config Doc?

Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:45:36 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2008 3:09 PM, Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:
>

>>> I'm willing to have a go at this & install on 64-bit
>>> Scientific Linux 4.4 server. I don't know that much
>>> about our existing AFS server so will need some
>>> tutorial documentataon in configuring a new AFS server
>>> & migrating allthe config+data to a new server.
>>
>> If you are not familiar it will be much faster if you use an OS that
>> the OpenAFS community makes binary releases for. Unless you can get
>> fresh and good binary releases for SL 4.4.
>
> RHEL4 rpms should "just work" and I'm pretty sure we do make those including
> kernel modules.

Yes, they should work. SL should be binary compatible to the corresponding
EL release. But things may actually be a bit more complicated because SL
"ships" with openafs packages.

--
Stephan Wiesand
   DESY - DV -