[OpenAFS] strange authentication issue

David Bear david.bear@asu.edu
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:05:36 -0700

On Thursday 31 January 2008 15:27, you wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2008, at 22:24, David Bear wrote:
> > anyone have any pointers as to what could be happening?
>
> I suspect that pts members somegroup -cell asu.deu will work

Indeed, fs wscell reported openafs.org. I checked
in /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client and saw that THISCELL was still set to
asu.edu. It appears this is not read with this package of openafs. I also
found in /etc/openafs/ThisCell the openafs.org string.

When I modify that, will I need to restart the client service?

> It looks like your ThisCell file (either in /etc/openafs/ or /usr/
> vice/etc/ ) contains 'openafs.org' and not the name of your local
> cell. It's probably worth checking that the CellServDB (in the same
> directory) is correct too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

David Bear