[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.5.50 released (Production Version for Windows including UNICODE; Test Version for other platforms)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:21:27 -0700

I have uploaded Debian packages of 1.5.50 to Debian experimental.  The
1.5.50 packages in Debian have disconnected mode and bos restrict
capability enabled and include the binaries for the NFS translator, which
should now work on Linux.

They are also built with the demand-attach file server, as I'm hoping that
can be the default in Debian in the 1.6 release.

I've not tested the packages; I literally just uploaded them once they
would compile.  Please do not use them in production.  However, please
test if it's possible for you to do so to help us iron out the remaining
bugs, including any bugs I may have introduced in the Debian packaging of
the new version.  I'm particularly interested in the upgrade experience
from current 1.4.7 packages for the file server and whether the Debian
packages need to do anything additional to ease the upgrade.

I know there are some binaries without man pages:

W: openafs-fileserver: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/fssync-debug
W: openafs-fileserver: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/salvsync-debug
W: openafs-fileserver: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/state_analyzer
W: openafs-client: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/rmtsysd

This will be fixed before uploading this branch to unstable, but I haven't
had a chance to start investigating and writing documentation yet.
Similarly, README.Debian is not updated yet.