[OpenAFS] Re: Fedora repo?

Axel Thimm openafs-info@openafs.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:05:15 +0300

--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:50:59PM +0200, Bjorge Solli wrote:
> Hi all. Looking into OpenAFS for a large scale university setup (500+)
> with Fedora (8 at the moment).
>=20
> Is there any publically available and reliable repos with openafs rpms?
>=20
> Simon Wilkinson mentioned one existed, but I don't have the url. Does
> anyone know?
>=20
> Atrpms seems to have stopped shipping openafs.

There are 1.4.7 openafs rpms for f8/f9/el3/el4/el5 at ATrpms:

http://atrpms.net/name/openafs/

But personally I would recommend using RHEL/CentOS/SL instead because
sometimes new kernels from Fedora introduce some problems that openafs
needs to fix, so there are periods where you would have to stay on an
older kernel.

> Regards
> Bj=F8rge Solli
> senior system engineer, University of Bergen, Norway
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz

--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz--