[OpenAFS] Serious trouble, mounting /afs, ptserver, database rebuilding

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:26:33 -0400

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:51 AM, kanou <kanou@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
> well, there is a file called db_verify.c in the folder
> /usr/src/modules/openafs/ptserver but I don' know how to build it.

If I recall correctly, db_verify gets renamed to 'prdb_check' during
the install, so you should check for the existence of that file.

If you can't find it, you'll need to build it from source code: the
directions on the AFSLore wiki are a good place to start:

http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/HowToBuildOpenAFSFromSource

If you have problems building openafs-stable-1_4_x, you could get
openafs-stable-1_4_7 instead, as that is the latest official release.

Once you have built the tree, src/ptserver/db_verify should get built,
so you can simply copy it out of the source tree for your use.  If it
doesn't get built automatically for you, you can cd into src/ptserver
and do a 'make db_verify' manuall.

Also, feel free to ask for help here  or on the irc channel.

Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation
http://www.endpoint.com/