[OpenAFS] Serious trouble, mounting /afs, ptserver, database rebuilding

kanou kanou@gmx.ch
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 03:29:45 +0200

Hello,
I'm sorry for being unpatient, but there were a thousand people
waiting for their files and I was really nervous about the systems'
crash.

So I used our backups from the last weekend and now the machines are
running again. Now we are able to create new users and other things
but there's still the problem with the database.

Could someone please tell me how to rebuild/repair the database
without loosing all data in it?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers
kanou

> Don't be so unpatient, your reluctance to give proper information
I'm sorry and I thought I was giving you all the information I found.

> First of all, 2 database-servers are a really bad idea.
Allright. I will change that.

> After that, go to your boss and ask for a third database-server.
I did and I will install a third one.