[OpenAFS] grant access to foreign principals

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:30:38 -0700

------=_Part_10665_13906847.1217266238691

I'm not I am using the correct terminology, so let me describe a simple
scenario.

Lets say I wanted to grant research at another univeristy permissions to
read files in my afs cell.

Lets also suppose they have afs and kerberos.

Is it possible to create a user in pts that would be something like '
joe@remoteuniversity.edu', and then grant the user permissions in my cell?

The goal would be that joe authenticates to remoteuniversity.edu the same
way he always does -- and only needs that set of afs tokens to get to files
in my afs space.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU