[OpenAFS] Help on Windows OpenAFS client

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:01:27 -0400

Karen L Eldredge wrote:
> We have one user that has problems obtaining both the kerberos credential
> and OpenAFS token on Windows OpenAFS clients only.  This user  will obtain
> their kerberos credential but not the OpenAFS token.  Other users that try
> to login to the same Windows OpenAFS client are able to get both the
> kerberos credential and OpenAFS token.  This user  that is having problems
> on the Windows OpenAFS clients can telnet or ssh to an OpenAFS AIX or Linux
> client and obtain both the kerberos credentials and OpenAFS token.  Has
> anyone ever seen this behavior and/or know how to fix this behavior?    On
> the OpenAFS/Kerberos 5 server I never see the TGS_REG for the Windows
> OpenAFS client for that user.

are the enctypes on the kerberos server the same for the problem user
and a known good user?

Does the same behavior happen on all windows clients or just this one?
Are all of the windows clients running the same version?

Jason