[OpenAFS] Wrong paket path between two afs servers

Ralf Hornik Mailings ralf@best.homeunix.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:39:36 +0200 (CEST)

Derrick Brashear wrote:

> Whichever server needs to advertise a second ("fake") address needs a
> line in its NetInfo file for it.
>
> The NetInfo file should contain 2 lines
> local.ip.address
> f outside.ip.address
>
> the "f" is a literal, lowercase f, standing for fake.

In my case I do not need to fake the public IP of my Firewall, since both
servers (should) connect using their private IP's directly over VPN.

However, per default, the vlserver shows the location of the corresponding
volume not on the VPN interface, but on the public interface so all AFS
talk
regarding volume location bypasses the VPN.

As solution, I put the public IP of the server into the NetRestrict and
now AFS runs fast across the whole cell. :)

Thanks, Ralf