[OpenAFS] OpenAFS updates for Mac OSX (Tiger)

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:14:58 -0400

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> One of my users sent me the following message.  As I'm not a Mac user,
> and as he's not on this mailing list, I forward it without comment.
>
>     -- Owen
>
> John writes:
>
> For a while now, I've been running OpenAFS on two Mac laptops.  One
> had v1.5.15 with the other using v1.5.26, both of which a a bit old now.

Given that we suggest 1.4.7 as the stable release
(see http://www.openafs.org/macos.html) he apparently volunteered to
test. I hope he submitted bugs :)

> I decided to take the plunge and update them to the latest v1.5.38,
> and although the disk image mounted OK and the software appeared to
> install OK I had a problem with the 'fs' command which wasn't an
> executable.

PowerPC? It should be fixed in 1.5.39 when that's released.

I assure you though, my Mini is running 10.4.

1.5.x Makefile changes caused certain files to be recompiled during
the "make packages" step.
Unfortunately the ARCHFLAGS setting doesn't persist.

Derrick