[OpenAFS] Replication

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:27:30 -0400

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Lara Lloret Iglesias
<lari.lloret@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just installed two afs servers on the same cell, but I've problems with
> them. I've done a mkmount and everything works fine, but when I try to make
> another mount point, it just duplicates the content of the first one. I know
> afs has a replication system but I don't want to enable it, how can I turn
> it off??

Could you clarify how you've done the mountpoint creation?  AFS allows
you to have multiple mountpoints of the same volumes, but doing that
is not typical.

For example, if I have the volumes user.steven and user.lari, I could
mount them at

/afs/mycell/user/steven (for user.steven) and
/afs/mycell/user/lari (for user.lari)

Those mountpoints would be created like:

fs mkmount -directory /afs/mycell/user/steven -vol user.steven
fs mkmount -directory /afs/mycell/user/lari -vol user.lari

Steven