[OpenAFS] Error trying to build on Solaris SNV90

Dale Ghent daleg@umbc.edu
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:02:35 -0400

On Jun 26, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Mattias Pantzare wrote:

> I don't know, but you could try using memcache as it looks like it is
> the call to UFS that fails.
>
> The AFS disk cache is not using a stable interface in the kernel, that
> should be fixed, especially as solaris installations will use ZFS
> instead of UFS.

This is an astute observation, with ZFS root being the default in
OpenSolaris.

If one must use the disk cache, then a workaround in this world would
be to make a zvol, newfs it with UFS, and mount it up where ever your
cache should live.

/dale