[OpenAFS] Re: atrpms for fedora openafs?

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:29:40 -0400

Le 15/03/08 01:51 PM, Simon Wilkinson a =C3=A9crit :
> On 15 Mar 2008, at 17:28, Axel Thimm wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the info & patch selection. I'll add the patches to ATr=
pms'
>> packages. This will probably also fix the F9 (2.6.25) builds.
>=20
> Unfortunately not. There are additional patches required for 2.6.25=
. I=20
> think these are still undergoing testing (certainly, recent reports=
 here=20
> suggest that there are problems with them)
>=20
> S.

Yes, 2.6.25 is still a work in progress.  Current CVS works here, but=
 your mileage may vary.

As for F9, I just tried building OpenAFS with a F9 kernel, but this c=
urrently fails because of GPL only symbols that get dragged in by som=
e kernel debugging options (as discussed in another thread):
- lock statistics brings in mutex_lock_nested() which is GPL
- lockdep brings in some rcu GPL symbols

These will probably be disabled once F9 is released, but it means Ope=
nAFS can't currently be built for rawhide, and shows that OpenAFS is =
vulnerable to any distribution choosing to enable one of these option=
s in their releases.

Marc