[OpenAFS] openafs 1.4.7pre1 success on Nokia N800 (OS2008)

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:54:12 -0400

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Jerry Normandin
> <Jerry.Normandin@dafca.com> wrote:
>
>> Cool! Did you post the code to the Mameo site?  I will want to try that
>>  with my N800.  I'll connect via vpn from my house, log into my afs
>>  account at  work, and give it a try!
>>

> The problem is packaging; We can't just reuse the Debian OpenAFS
> control files, because most of the prerequisites, and their
> prerequsities, don't exist as such. As I have time I've been trying to
> structure something else but it hasn't been working out nicely so far.

What Derrick said.

You might need to upgrade your N800 to OS2008 because that's what I'm using.

Other gotchas: I had to remove the kerberized clients like ktelnet when
I built kerberos because the curses library on the N8X0 wasn't compatible.

I can send you a tarball of compiled code that works, but it's ugly. No
startup scripts and no packaging & no GUI.

Jason