[OpenAFS] Newbie Question

Gary Bowling gb@gbco.us
Fri, 02 May 2008 14:56:17 -0500

--------------010100070107080602030606

Here are the results,

vos listaddrs -nore
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.

If I do it with the "-noauth" I get no return.

vos listaddrs -nore -noauth

Gary

Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
> Gary Bowling <gb@gbco.us> wrote:
>
>> Ok, after being side tracked by real work for an hour or so I'm back
>> to looking at this. Here are some answers to a few of the responses.
>>
>> Lars - Thanks, I had no idea DNS needed anything. I have everything in
>> /etc/hosts right now. Will that work or do I need DNS entries? Time is
>> sync'd already.
>>

> I don't think DNS is an issue at this point, although it might be.
>
> vos listaddrs -nore output would be handy to see.
>

>> Sergio - No real reason to downgrade to single-des, I wasn't even
>> thinking as that set up was just copied from some place I found... If
>> I get it all working I'll go back and change that to 3des. As for
>> -dynroot, I do not have that on the client, the only client option is
>> -fakestat.
>>
>> Christopher - Thanks for that, at least I can stop looking at those
>> log entries :) Here is the output of vos listvldb -noauth
>> VLDB entries for all servers
>>
>> root.afs
>>    RWrite: 536870912
>>    number of sites -> 1
>>       server homepc.gbco.us partition /vicepa RW Site
>>
>> Total entries: 1
>>

> vos create root.cell wait a few minutes, restart your AFS client, and
> then try the fs sa command again.  Just in case -dynroot is on this will
> allow you to at least see something in /afs assuming you can get tokens
> with aklog.
>
> The other question is if afsd is even loading properly.  Any dmesg
> output when afsd starts?
>
> <<CDC

--------------010100070107080602030606

<head>
</head>
Here are the results, <br>
vos listaddrs -nore<br>
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.<br>
If I do it with the "-noauth" I get no return.<br>
vos listaddrs -nore -noauth<br>
Gary<br>
Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Gary Bowling <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:gb@gbco.us">&lt;gb@gbco.us&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Ok, after being side tracked by real work for an hour or so I'm back
to looking at this. Here are some answers to a few of the responses.

Lars - Thanks, I had no idea DNS needed anything. I have everything in
/etc/hosts right now. Will that work or do I need DNS entries? Time is
sync'd already.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I don't think DNS is an issue at this point, although it might be.

vos listaddrs -nore output would be handy to see.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Sergio - No real reason to downgrade to single-des, I wasn't even
thinking as that set up was just copied from some place I found... If
I get it all working I'll go back and change that to 3des. As for
-dynroot, I do not have that on the client, the only client option is
-fakestat.

Christopher - Thanks for that, at least I can stop looking at those
log entries :) Here is the output of vos listvldb -noauth
VLDB entries for all servers

root.afs
   RWrite: 536870912
   number of sites -&gt; 1
      server homepc.gbco.us partition /vicepa RW Site

Total entries: 1
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
vos create root.cell wait a few minutes, restart your AFS client, and
then try the fs sa command again.  Just in case -dynroot is on this will
allow you to at least see something in /afs assuming you can get tokens
with aklog.

The other question is if afsd is even loading properly.  Any dmesg
output when afsd starts?

&lt;&lt;CDC